Which Apple laptop we can rescue
We can rescue most Apple laptops and desktop computers:
- Apple MacBook non-Retina and Retina-display 12-inch laptops
- Apple MacBook Pro non-Retina and Retina-display laptops
- Apple MacBook Air non-Retina and Retina-display laptops
- Apple iMac 20-inch, 21.5-inch, 24-inch, 27-inch desktop computers
- Vintage (old model) Apple Mac computers.
- Water-damaged Apple Mac computers.
- Apple Mac Pro desktop computers: these computers are harder to rescue due to the lack of spare parts. They are reliable computers and do not require repairs as often. However, we have rescued many of them.
- Rescue data from your Apple laptop in most cases.
We see broken Apple laptops every day. Whatever problem your Apple laptop may have, it’s likely that we’ve seen it before.
Practice makes perfect. When you’re surrounded by computers and need to rescue many computers 7 days a week, 365 days a year, you’re bound to become very good at it.
What problems on Apple MacBook laptops we can rescue
Our Apple laptop rescue team can help you with the following issues:
- Apple Mac not turning on.
- Apple Mac freezing, not responding, not opening apps.
- Slow Apple Mac. The rainbow spinning wheel often occurs non-stop.
- Apple Mac shows a blank grey screen or a black screen.
- Remove virus on Apple Mac.
- Apple MacBook screen repairs. Replace cracked screens on Mac laptops.
- Install Windows OS inside your Apple Mac via BOOTCAMP or Parallel Desktop.
- Replace batteries on Apple MacBook laptops.
- Speed up your Apple Mac laptop or desktop computer.
- Keyboard repairs or replace keyboards for Apple laptops.
- Repairs for Apple Mac that shows folder icon with question mark, or a circle with a slash through.
- Replace the charging port for Apple MacBook laptops.
- Rescue dead Apple laptops.
- Repairs on Apple logic board causing the laptop to not turn on.
- Upgrade macOS to the latest version.
- Upgrade hard drive to flash storage (solid state drive – SSD).
- Fix noisy fan problems on Apple MacBook laptops. Replace fan for Apple iMac computers.
- Set up TimeMachine backup, restoring your data from backup.
- Set up emails in Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook for Mac.
- Restoring Mac to factory settings.
- Rescue data on your Mac laptop.
How much does it cost to rescue Apple laptop
The price varies depending on the type of repair, make and model of your Apple Mac computer. We use a price list to look up prices for each particular problem.
Rest assured that we always quote before carrying out the work. The quote itself is Free. You’ll know exactly how much it is so that you can decide if you want to us to rescue your Apple laptop.
Generally, if your Apple Mac computer has a software issue (eg virus), it may cost $50, $100 – $200.
If your computer has a hardware issue (i.e. hard drive failure, broken screen), it will involve cost for spare parts plus labour, which price may vary from $150 to $1,000+.
I know, it’s a big range, but the price can vary significantly indeed.
As a general rule, the more expensive your computer is, the more expensive it may cost to fix.
The Apple MacBook Pro Retina-display 16-inch laptop screen is very expensive, it will cost $1,000+ new just for the screen itself.
While replacing the battery on a MacBook Air non-Retina display laptop will cost you $150 to $200 approximately, the cost for replacing the Retina-display MacBook Air will be more than.
How long does it take to rescue Apple laptop
When you bring your Apple laptop in, you’ll get a quote within 5 to 15 minutes. Our technician will do the testing on the spot when you bring it in.
The turn-around time to complete the actual repairs varies depending on which repairs need to be done.
While software issues and some common hardware repairs can be done within a few hours, difficult repairs such as keyboard replacement or water damage repairs will take a few days, typically 1-5 business days.
The quote will include an estimated completion date for you to know. We will look up part availability in our store, and at our suppliers to advise you of an estimated completion date.
When the repairs have been completed, you will receive email and SMS confirmation.
After you’ve received the confirmation, you can collect your Apple laptop anytime during our business hours. We recommend that you collect the laptop within 7 days and use it on a regular basis to see if there are any unexpected issues with your laptop.
Uncollected laptops that have been left unused for several months may develop unexpected problems such as: the keyboard stops working, the fan becomes noisy, or hard drive goes faulty. This is common.
Can you rescue data on my laptop?
In most cases, Yes.
The chance of saving data on your Apple laptop varies depending on what issues it has. If your Apple laptop does not turn on at all, the chance of data rescue is slimmer.
If your computer is an Apple desktop computer (eg Apple iMac), there is a better chance to rescue your data. This is because Apple iMac has a hard drive that can be removed for us to attempt data rescue.
While in an Apple MacBook Retina-display laptop from 2018 onwards, there is no separate hard drive to attempt data recovery. Thus, it’s much harder to rescue your data in this case.
One of the biggest concerns with Apple laptops is that Apple uses non-standard storage drives in their laptops, making it much more difficult to access and recover data.
Dell laptop data rescue, HP laptop data rescue, or other laptop data rescue are much easier.
In this case, having a recent backup is crucial to restoring your data.
If your laptop has a broken screen or keyboard problem, then the chance of rescuing your data is higher because the data is likely unaffected.
Regardless of what repair it is, or how skilfully our laptop rescue experts are, keeping a regular backup of your data is always the best way to keep your data safe.
To learn more about how to back up your data, you can follow our data backup guide.
What guarantees do I get for your Apple laptop rescue services?
We understand that unexpected issues may arise from time to time. Hence, we offer 3 month (90 day) guarantee on labour, plus 3 month (90 day) or 1 year on spare parts.
Keep in mind that is the same guarantee as you would get from Apple store.
The 3 month guarantee is applied on repairs such as water damage repairs, keyboard replacement which covers labour cost.
Spare parts such as new hard drive, new RAM, new battery, new screen comes with 1 year warranty as provided by our suppliers. The warranty covers any defects that may develop in the part during the warranty period.
Note that warranty does not cover accidental damage or breakage caused by your wrong-doings such as drop, knock, water spill, or if the part has been repaired by another technician after we’ve returned the computer to you.
What if I find something else wrong after your Apple laptop rescue?
Rest assured, we will rescue other components for Free of charge if it is within reasonable cost.
After the initial inspection, we will give you a quote to rescue your Apple laptop (or desktop computer).
If there are other small components that were found damaged and not covered in the original quote, we will rescue them for Free too.
If the damaged components are expensive and will alter the price significantly, we will advise you early and give you the option to either pay the difference to repair the extra components or to cancel the repairs and pay nothing.
Manufacturers, including Apple, and other laptop rescue technicians will not provide this offer because they do not offer No fix No fee policy like ours, plus they do not have the expertise to repair the additional unexpected damages.
After our Apple laptop rescue mission is successful, it will come with 90-day guarantee, plus No fix No fee guarantee. See our full guarantee statement here.
Can you help with other Mac-related problems too?
In most cases, Yes.
Our team is not only experienced with hardware issues on Mac but also with software issues.
We are experienced with:
- Setting up emails in Apple Mail for Telstra Bigpond, Optus, Gmail, Hotmail and other email accounts.
- Experienced with POP3 and IMAP email accounts.
- We can install printers and configure the Internet and network too. However, this needs to be done at your place where your printer and network is present.
- Setting up TimeMachine backup and restoring data from it.
Apple iPhone and Apple iPad repairs: unfortunately we don’t repair iPhone and iPad. We currently only fix computers only.
Do I need to book appointment to rescue my Apple laptop?
No. We accept walk-in 7 days a week.
If you still want to book for an appointment, you can use our easy online appointment booking to schedule one. But it’s not necessary.
We have decided to make it easy for all of our customers by not requiring appointments.
Over the years, we have developed an in-house testing systems that significantly improve our speed of testing and quoting, hence reducing waiting time so that we can provide diagnostic and quote quickly.
If another customer is being served when you come in, the wait is usually short (a few minutes).
We maintain a comprehensive, reusable price list to make it easier for us and for our customers. This helps us to provide quicker services and able to accept walk-in.
Ready to see our Apple laptop rescue team?
We’ve made it easy for you. Just come in anytime during our business hours. We’re open 7 days a week.
Our laptop rescue experts will help you immediately.
Have a question? Please call 1800 85 83 82. or 02 9516 2966 or email email@example.com