The price varies depending on the type of repair, make, and model of your computer.
Generally, if your computer has a software issue (i.e. virus), it may cost $100-$200. If your computer has a hardware issue (i.e. hard drive failure, broken screen), it will involve costw for spare part and labour which price may vary $200-$400+, while some parts may cost $400+.
You can request a Quick quote or call us and we’ll do our best to give an estimated price.
The prices are advisory only, we take no responsibility for incorrect pricing on this page. As a general rule, the more expensive your computer is, the more expensive it may cost to fix.
For example, an Apple MacBook Pro Retina will cost more to fix than an entry-level Windows laptop due to Mac’s sophisticated design and more expensive spare part cost.
Do you use an hourly rate?
No, we do not use hourly rates to quote for most computer problems.
We follow a price list that is based on the computer problem, make & model, serial number, etc.
Can I get a formal quote over the phone or by email?
This depends. If it is a straightforward problem such as battery replacement, or screen replacement and there are sufficient details of your computer, then we can provide you with a quote over email or phone.
If a problem needs further diagnostic to determine the fault, then a quote can only be given after a technician has tested your computer. This cannot be done over the phone or email because:
- Phone calls may be answered by reception or non-technical staff.
- Prices change as our suppliers change prices, and market price changes.
- Any prices without written form cannot be tracked.
- Giving prices without seeing the computer often leads to incorrect prices and an unhappy customer experience.
- It will take significant time to diagnose and quote over the phone. Our technicians need to focus on doing repairs and serving in-store customers.