We are highly experienced in all makes, like Dell, Lenovo, HP, Apple, Acer, ASUS, Gigabyte, Clevo, Razer, Samsung, Toshiba, Sony.
Whether it’s at home, the office, or our business, we fix your computers. Your computer is more familiar to us than our house!
Our service areas include the Inner city, Inner West, Eastern suburbs, and Lower north Sydney area.
Repair service is now available in Haberfield NSW 2045
Safemode is located in Enmore, just few minutes drive from Haberfield. Haberfield is like the backdoor of our store.
Our team provides computer repair services for Haberfield NSW 2045 locals. It is easy to get to Safemode. We are near bus stops and train stations, so it is convenient to get here by car or walking.
We are the TOP 3 computer repair workshops in Sydney since 2016.
Customer service is our priority and we don’t compromise on quality. Our repair services come with 3-month (90-day) guarantee, plus warranty on spare parts.
Our service list:
Even if your problem is not listed above, don’t worry, we can help. Think of the previous thousands of customers before you, it’s likely that many of them have had the same computer issue like yours.
Why choose us
- Free estimates on-the-spot: Over the years, we’ve created a testing technique that effectively and quickly detects computer issues. While you wait, you may get a free, no-obligation quote.
- Same-day repairs: To identify the issue and fix your computer, our experts use industry-standard, field-tested equipment. We begin work on repairs that same day. The majority of repairs are finished the same day.
- No sacrificing quality: We have established a network of reliable suppliers and a close rapport with them. Our first preference is always for higher-quality or genuine manufacturer parts. Many replacement parts have a manufacturer’s warranty of one year.
- No Fix No Fee: We’re only human, so no fix, no fee. We acknowledge that occasionally mistakes happen on our end. You can get a complete refund or have your computer fixed again for free if our suggested fix doesn’t work.
- We do it all: Your one-stop for all Windows PCs, email troubleshooting, hard drives, and servers.
- Open 7 days a week, no appointment needed: You don’t have to book an appointment from now on. You can just walk in with your computer during our business hours.
- Walk-in/delivery services are available: Our computer workshop is open 7 days a week and no booking is required. Thus, walk-in service is accepted. If you cannot leave your home or office, we also offer courier pickup and delivery services to make pick-up more convenient. When your computer gets to our computer centre, we’ll do testing and give you a quote. Another good news is, we waive the courier charges if you accept the offer. (terms and conditions apply)
- Price-beat guarantee: who wouldn’t want a good deal? If you have a quote from another repairer, we’ll beat it by 5%. We want our customers to have the best experience at Safemode and save some money!
- A greener planet: Replacement is always the more expensive choice. Repairs can help not only help you save money but also reduce e-waste. Being a consumer, the best thing to do for the earth is to fix what we have at the moment and purchase only what we need. We work with e-waste recycling companies. If the broken computer is not needed anymore, you can send it to e-waste companies for free.
Visit our computer repairs shop near Haberfield NSW 2045
Our computer workshop is open 7 days, few minutes drive away from Haberfield NSW 2045. To get a free quote, simply bring your computer in. The repairs will be booked after we’ve received your approval. Then, we’ll notify you when the computer is ready.
If you cannot come to our repair centre in person, we provide home/office services to solve your computer problems at your place.
Or even better, Haberfield NSW 2045 locals can book our computer repair services with FREE pickup and delivery. To book for your computer to be picked up for repairs, simply email or call us to arrange it. Once the repairs have been completed, we will return your computer for free of charge.
High quality spare parts available
Good repairs require good spare parts. From our years of experience, we have selected a few suppliers that we trust and spare part manufacturers that we trust.
We carry common spare parts to make the repair process faster. Genuine manufacturer parts or better models are our preferred choice.
For example, for hard drives, we select Samsung, Western Digital, Seagate, etc just to name a few. These are the biggest, the best manufacturers of hard drives, solid state drives in the world. We will also give you options for standard drives or more durable drives that come with a longer warranty.
For laptop motherboards, replacing with manufacturer genuine parts is always the default option. For desktop computer motherboards, we will source genuine manufacturer parts if it’s available. Otherwise, we will advise you on equivalent or higher models from respectable motherboard manufacturers such as ASUS, Gigabyte, HP, Dell.
Before bringing in your computer for services
Before you bring your computer in for maintenance, there are a few things you should be aware of. Although not required, these are advised.
- It’s highly recommended to keep regular backups of your data. Data loss may occur at any time, it’s always a good idea to back up your data while you still can. Having backups also helps reduce turn-around time for repairs.
- Check your warranty cover with manufacturers or your supplier. For example Apple warranty checker or Dell warranty lookup. A free repairs by manufacturers will save you lot.
- Know your computer login password, or change the password if it’s confidential.
- Be available for up to 15 minutes for our computer technicians to test your computer to provide you with a free quote.
- For more answers to common questions, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Ready for computer repairs in Haberfield NSW 2045 near you? We’re ready when you’re ready.
Can you help me fix my laptop’s touch pad, it’s not working
Certainly, I’d be happy to help you troubleshoot and potentially fix your laptop’s touchpad issue. Let’s go through a series of steps to address the problem:
1. Check Touchpad Activation:
– Ensure that the touchpad is not accidentally disabled. Many laptops have a function key or a key combination to toggle the touchpad on and off. Look for a touchpad icon on one of the function keys (F1 through F12) and use the corresponding key or key combination (often requires pressing the “Fn” key along with the function key) to enable the touchpad.
2. Restart Your Laptop:
– Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary issues. Restart your laptop and see if the touchpad starts working again.
3. Update Touchpad Drivers:
– Outdated or corrupt touchpad drivers can cause problems. Update the touchpad drivers through the Device Manager on Windows or the System Preferences on macOS. Look for the “Mice and other pointing devices” category, find your touchpad, right-click, and choose “Update driver.”
4. Roll Back Touchpad Drivers:
– If updating the drivers doesn’t help, you can try rolling back to the previous version. In the Device Manager, right-click on your touchpad under “Mice and other pointing devices,” choose “Properties,” go to the “Driver” tab, and click “Roll Back Driver” if the option is available.
5. Check for Physical Damage:
– Inspect the touchpad for any physical damage. Make sure there are no visible cracks or loose connections. If the touchpad is physically damaged, it may need professional repair or replacement.
6. Function Key Combination (Alternative):
– Some laptops may use a different function key or key combination to enable or disable the touchpad. Refer to your laptop’s manual or documentation for the correct key combination.
7. BIOS/UEFI Settings:
– Access your laptop’s BIOS/UEFI settings during startup (usually by pressing a specific key such as Esc, Del, F2, or F10). Check if there are any touchpad-related options that might be disabled.
8. External Mouse Test:
– Connect an external USB mouse to your laptop. If the external mouse works, it can help determine whether the issue is specific to the touchpad or if there’s a broader problem.
9. System Restore (Windows):
– If the touchpad was working fine before but stopped after a recent change, you can use System Restore on Windows to revert your system to a previous state when the touchpad was functioning correctly.
If the issue persists after trying these steps, or if you need further assistance, consider reaching out to Safemode Computer Service or your laptop manufacturer’s support for additional help. They can provide more personalized assistance based on your laptop model and specific circumstances.
What is the cost of the computer repair?
Cost is a consideration for all when it comes to repairs. We maintain a 20-page pricing list that covers almost all required repairs. There isn’t a price for everything or a price that fits all situations.
Actually, we often modify our rates in order to satisfy our customers. For example, we can provide you with a recommended solution based on our original idea. However, by choosing different part types, you can adjust the price to match your budget.
We’ll provide you with a free quote at the beginning for you to decide whether to proceed with the quote or not. The costs are fully dependent on the models and the problems. All of the quotes are followed by the price list which is tailored to each model and computer specs. Please refer to our Pricing and Information page for more information.
How long is the repairs?
Your computer will often arrive the same or following working day. There are times when repairs may take longer. Usually, this is because parts need to be ordered. While we keep stock of common parts, it’s not possible to keep every part in stock.
If we need to order something, many of our suppliers can deliver it the same day or the next business day.
The part will be delivered in three to five business days by Australia Post, if you choose an alternative delivery method. Recall that you can choose to keep your computer until the part is shipped.
Let’s repair your computer shall we?
Don’t hesitate to contact us during our opening time!
Visit our Sydney computer repair store or call 1800 85 83 82 or 02 9516 2966 for any questions.
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message online.