We fixed thousands of PCs, laptops, and Apple Macs in the Lakemba area.
All brands, including Dell, ASUS, Lenovo, Acer, HP, Gigabyte, Clevo, Razer, Samsung, Toshiba, Sony, and Apple, are serviced by us.
Your computer is more familiar to us than our house! Every facet of IT systems for homes and small businesses is our specialty.
Our computer repairs service in Lakemba NSW 2195
Our team of technicians provides computer repair services in Lakemba. It’s easy to go to Safemode. Because we are near bus stops and train stations, traveling to Safemode by bus, train, or automobile is convenient.
Our mission is to provide our customers with the best experience possible, and we accomplish this by providing highly skilled laptop repair assistance. There is no cost if your computer still requires assistance!
We provide a variety of services, such as:
Even if your problem is not listed here, it’s likely that we’ve fixed it before. For a comprehensive list of our services, see our computer repair services.
- Free on-site estimate: Over the years, we have perfected a special method that allows us to identify computer issues in a matter of minutes and provide you a free price right immediately. We provide quotes with no strings attached, so you can choose whether or not to move forward.
- Fast turnaround time: With specialized, field-tested equipment, our technicians can diagnose and repair most computer issues the same day. Thanks to our years of knowledge, we can propose the best solutions to fix your computer quickly—sometimes even the same day.
- No sacrificing quality: The finest and most reliable replacement parts are used to fix your PC. Our suppliers of parts are trustworthy only. For example, screens, hard drives, batteries, and other parts are typically covered by a one-year warranty for spare parts. Repairs for defective parts are covered by warranty.
- No Fix No Fee: Your computer might not always be able to be fixed. We offer a free second repair or a full refund if the recommended fixes are unable to resolve the issue with your computer.
- We can do it all: Your one-stop for all Windows PCs, email troubleshooting, hard drives, and servers.
- Open 7 days a week, no appointment needed: You no longer need to book an appointment, just bring your computer to our shop within the opening hours.
- Walk-in/delivery services are available: Walk-ins are welcome at our computer repair shop, which is open seven days a week and does not require an appointment. Can’t leave your house or place of work? To make things easier, we provide courier pickup and delivery services. We will test your computer and prepare an offer as soon as it gets to our computer workshop. Better yet, we will pay the courier fees free of charge if you accept our offer (T&Cs apply).
- Price-beat guarantee: Everyone likes great deals. If you have a quote from another repair shop, simply bring it to us, and we’ll beat it by 5%. We’ll get your computer problem sorted and help you save!
- A more environmentally friendly world: Repairing something always costs less than replacing it. Repairs also help decrease e-waste. We also collaborate with e-waste recycling firms. “As consumers, the best thing we can do is fix what we have and buy only what we need.” You can submit your computer to an e-waste recycling facility for free if you don’t want it fixed.
Visit our computer repairs shop in Lakemba NSW 2195
Our Lakemba computer repair shop is open 7 days a week, is conveniently located 3 minutes from train stations, and does not require an appointment. Simply bring your PC over, and we’ll get you a free estimate. Your information will be recorded once you accept the quotes; all you have to do is wait for our call to let you know when your PC is prepared!
We provide in-home or office computer repair services if you are unable to visit our repair center.
Problems with the GPU, leading to display glitches, artifacts, or performance issues in graphic-intensive applications.
If you’re experiencing problems with the GPU, such as display glitches, artifacts, or performance issues in graphic-intensive applications, Safemode Computer Service can assist you in diagnosing and resolving these GPU-related issues. Here’s how we can help with the repair:
1. Remote Consultation:
– Initiate a remote consultation to discuss the specific problems you’re facing with the GPU, gather information about your computer’s specifications, and understand when the issues started.
2. Driver Updates:
– Check and assist in updating the graphics drivers for your GPU. Outdated or corrupted drivers can often cause display glitches and performance issues.
3. Graphics Settings Optimization:
– Guide you through optimizing graphics settings for specific applications or games. Adjusting settings can sometimes alleviate performance issues and reduce strain on the GPU.
4. Temperature Monitoring:
– Instruct you on monitoring the temperature of your GPU. Overheating can lead to display artifacts and performance degradation. Ensure proper ventilation and cooling for your computer.
5. GPU Stress Testing:
– Assist in running GPU stress tests to evaluate its stability under heavy loads. Identifying issues during stress tests can help pinpoint potential hardware problems.
6. Check for Physical Damage:
– Guide you through a visual inspection of the GPU for any visible damage, loose connections, or damaged components. Physical issues can contribute to display glitches.
7. System Resource Check:
– Discuss other system resources such as RAM and CPU usage during graphic-intensive tasks. Imbalances or shortages in these resources can impact GPU performance.
8. BIOS/UEFI Update:
– Instruct you on checking for and applying updates to the motherboard’s BIOS/UEFI firmware. Firmware updates can include improvements related to GPU compatibility and stability.
9. Application-Specific Troubleshooting:
– If the issues are specific to certain applications or games, guide you through troubleshooting steps tailored to those programs. This may involve adjusting in-game settings or reinstalling the applications.
10. Rollback Drivers (if needed):
– If recent driver updates are identified as a potential cause, guide you through rolling back to a previous version of the graphics drivers to check for improvements.
11. Hardware Diagnostics:
– Assist in running hardware diagnostics, which may include tests for the GPU’s memory and processing capabilities. This can help identify any hardware failures.
12. Post-Resolution Support:
– Provide post-resolution support to ensure that the GPU issues have been addressed, and address any additional concerns you may have.
Contact Safemode Computer Service to schedule a consultation, and let our experienced technicians guide you through the process of diagnosing and repairing GPU-related issues for optimal graphics performance.
What will it cost to fix my computer?
We give you a free quote prior to the repair. Laptop repair prices vary depending on the computer’s make, model, and problem. We follow a detailed price list that is unique for each model and issue. We don’t pay employees on an hourly basis. For further details, please visit our Pricing and Information page.
How much time does it take to fix my computer?
We can typically complete laptop repairs the same day or the next business day. Thankfully, most repairs are finished on the same day.
We keep the majority of spare parts in stock. Sometimes, though, a part might not be available, in which case we’d have to place an order with our suppliers. 3 to 5 business days will pass. If your repair needs to be completed sooner, you can choose for express delivery, which is slightly more expensive and takes 1 to 2 business days.
Ready for us to repair your computer?
Don’t hesitate to contact us during our opening time!
Visit our Lakemba computer repair store or call 1800 85 83 82 or 02 9516 2966 for any questions.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or send us a message online.
Our Inner West computer repairs cover