Which Dell laptop we can rescue
We have worked on almost every single Dell computer model in the market. Whichever Dell laptop or PC that you have, it’s likely that we’ve worked on it before:
- Dell XPS laptops: premium material, stunning display. Dell XPS laptop is a popular choice for home use and creativity.
- Dell Latitude laptops: small, light, and stylish laptops and 2-in-1s designed for ultimate productivity. Dell Latitude is one of the best for businesses. I have one for myself and I absolutely love it.
- Dell Inspiron laptops: come in a wide range of specifications and price points. Dell Inspiron laptop is popular for everyday use.
- Dell Vostro laptops: come with the right balance of business features and support. Dell Vostro laptop is popular for small businesses.
- Dell Alienware laptops: iconic design and high-performance. Dell Alienware laptop is a solid choice for many gamers.
- Dell Precision Mobile Workstation laptops: Dell’s highest performing, most reliable and fully customizable client systems for professional applications. Dell Precision Mobile Workstation laptops are ideal for professional applications. You won’t be disappointed with this.
- Dell XPS desktop computers: for creator and creativity. Dell XPS desktop PCs are great for home and personal use.
- Dell OptiPlex desktop computers: reliable, solid, high productivity. Dell OptiPlex desktop computers are my favourite and many businesses’ favourites.
- Dell Inspiron desktop computers: entry-level desktop computers. Dell Inspiron is popular for home use.
- Dell Vostro desktop computers: come with essential features for small businesses.
- Dell Alienware desktop computers: high-performance gaming machine. Dell Alienware desktop computer is gamers’ favourite.
- Dell Precision Fixed Workstation desktop computers: high-quality, high-performance, highly reliable. Dell Precision Fixed Workstation desktop computer is an excellent choice for professionals.
We see Dell laptops and computers every week. Though they are well-built computers, breakdowns can happen after a few years.
Practice makes perfect. When you’re surrounded by computers and need to rescue many computers 7 days a week, 365 days a year, you’re bound to become very good at it.
What problems on Dell laptops or desktops we can rescue
Our Dell laptop rescue team can help you with the following issues:
How much does it cost to rescue Dell laptop
The price varies depending on the type of repair, make and model of your Dell computer. We use a price list to look up prices for each particular problem.
Rest assured that we always quote before carrying out the work. The quote itself is Free. You’ll know exactly how much it is so that you can decide if you want to us to rescue your Dell laptop.
Software issue on Dell laptop (eg virus), usually costs $50, $100 – $200.
If your computer has a hardware issue (i.e. hard drive failure, broken screen), it will involve cost for spare parts plus labour, which price may vary from $150 to $400+.
Most Dell laptop battery replacement costs are between $200 to $300 but it can go higher in some Dell laptops.
How long does it take to rescue Dell laptop
When you bring your Dell laptop in, you’ll get a quote within 5 to 15 minutes. Our technician will do the testing on the spot when you bring it in.
The turn-around time to complete the actual repairs varies depending on which repairs need to be done.
We carry common spare parts in stock to make the repair process faster. Most repairs on Dell laptops are done on the same day.
Difficult repairs such as keyboard replacement or water damage repairs will take a few days, typically 1-5 business days.
The quote will include an estimated completion date. We will look up part availability in our store, and at our suppliers to advise you of an estimated completion date.
When the repairs have been completed, you will receive email and SMS confirmation. We recommend you to pick up your Dell laptop within 7 days.
Uncollected laptops that have been left unused for several months may develop unexpected problems such as: the keyboard stops working, the fan becomes noisy, or the hard drive goes faulty. This is common.
Can you rescue data on my Dell laptop?
In most cases, Yes.
Dell uses standard parts that are widely available in the market and accessible for our computer technicians to attempt data recovery.
This is an advantage of Dell laptops and desktops compared to Apple laptops. Rescuing data from apple laptops are harder, sometimes impossible.
If your Dell laptop has a broken screen or keyboard problem, then the chance of rescuing your data is higher because the data is likely unaffected.
If your Dell laptop has water damage, the water may have damaged the hard drive. This increases the chance of data loss. Having a backup is critical in this case.
Regardless of what repair it is, or how skilfully our laptop rescue experts are, keeping a regular backup of your data is always the best way to keep your data safe.
To learn more about how to back up your data, you can follow our data backup guide.
What guarantees do I get for your Dell laptop rescue services?
We understand that unexpected issues may arise from time to time. Hence, we offer 3 month (90 day) guarantee on labour, plus 3 month (90 day) or 1 year on spare parts.
The 3-month guarantee is applied on repairs such as water damage repairs, keyboard replacement which covers labour costs.
Spare parts such as new hard drives, new RAM, new battery, new screen comes with 1-year warranty as provided by our suppliers. The warranty covers any defects that may develop in the part during the warranty period.
The good news is that most Dell laptops use standard spare parts that are widely available in the market and come with 1-year manufacturer warranty. Some come with a 3 or 5-year warranty.
Note that the warranty does not cover accidental damage or breakage caused by your wrong-doings such as drop, knock, water spill, or if the part has been repaired by another technician after we’ve returned the computer to you.
What if I find something else wrong with my laptop?
Rest assured, we will rescue other components Free of charge if it is within reasonable cost.
After the initial inspection, we will give you a quote to rescue your Dell laptop (or desktop computer).
If there are other small components that were found damaged and not covered in the original quote, we will rescue them for Free too.
If the damaged components are expensive and will alter the price significantly, we will advise you early and give you the option to either pay the difference to repair the extra components or to cancel the repairs and pay nothing.
The majority of Dell laptops and desktops use standard spare parts that come with 1-year warranty which makes the repairs process easier.
After our Dell laptop rescue mission is successful, it will come with 90-day guarantee, plus No fix No fee guarantee. See our full guarantee statement here.
Can you help with other problems too?
In most cases, Yes.
Our team is not only experienced with hardware issues on Dell but also with software issues.
We are experienced with:
- Setting up emails in Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail for Telstra Bigpond, Optus, Gmail, Hotmail and other email accounts.
- Experienced with POP3 and IMAP email accounts.
- We can install printers and configure the Internet and network too. However, this needs to be done at your place where your printer and network is present.
- Setting up automatic backup using Windows’ built-in backup and restoring data from it.
Do I need to book appointment?
No. We accept walk-in 7 days a week.
You can call us or use our online appointment to book appointments. But it’s not necessary.
We have decided to make it easy for all of our customers by not requiring appointments.
Over the years, we have developed an in-house testing systems that significantly improve our speed of testing and quoting, hence reducing waiting time so that we can provide diagnostic and quote quickly.
If another customer is being served when you come in, the wait is usually short (a few minutes).
We maintain a comprehensive, reusable price list to make it easier for us and for our customers. This helps us to provide quicker services and able to accept walk-in.
Ready to see our Dell laptop rescue team?
We’ve made it easy for you. Just come in anytime during our business hours. We’re open 7 days a week.
Our laptop rescue experts will help you immediately.
Have a question? Please call 1800 85 83 82. or 02 9516 2966 or email email@example.com