When you bring your computer in, we will do a quick diagnostic and quote on the spot within 30 minutes or same day. If you computer problem is intermittent or complicated, it may take more time for testing.
At the time of booking in computer, our technician will check the computer, stock level and advise you approximate turn-around time. Our turn-around time is updated regularly and also checked at booking and is generally correct.
Usually we will try to complete repairs within 1-2 days, however you should allow 1-7 business days (weekend not included) for repairs to be completed (assuming our local suppliers have part in stock). If you require data recovery as part of repairs, you should be prepared to allow more time for data recovery process.
Break down of the 1-7 business day turn-around time is as follow:
2-5 business days for standard delivery within Australia, plus 1-2 business days for us to carry out installation.
We stock common parts to facilitate repairs to eliminate the 2-5 days waiting time for part delivery. However there are many factors that could affect turn-around time that is out of our control:
- Another problem is found with your computer: it is not uncommon to find more than one problem with your computer. For example, your computer may have had liquid damages that damaged more than one part (keyboard/touchpad and motherboard are commonly damaged by liquid damages); a power surge can damage both power supply unit, and hard drive or motherboard or video card. It is important to understand that it is not possible to test “everything” on any computer, for example: if your computer has completely failed to power on, there is no way to test further on other components without a working part to turn it on first.
- Computer problem is intermittent: the problem does not occur often enough and we are unable to replicate the issue at our store.
- Replacement part is out of stock in our store at the time you approve our quote.
- Replacement part is out of stock at our local suppliers at the time you approve our quote.
- Replacement part is only available from overseas supplier: delivery in this case will take approx 2-3 weeks.
- Part arrived is found to be DOA (Dead On Arrival), or damaged during transit.
- Delays in delivery of part by logistic company.
- We are given incorrect passwords for the computer.
- Replacement parts are limited in the market.
- There is an unexpected high number of jobs in the queue.
For the above reasons, we cannot promise you a faster turn-around time other than what you are advised at the time of booking, even if you call us and ask for urgent repairs.
Data recovery can be time consuming, it may take 3-7 business days or more for data to be recovered and transferred onto new hard drive, especially when the old hard drive is faulty because the drive becomes very slow and may intermittently malfunction, or when there is 100GB+ of data. It’s highly recommended that you have a backup of your data before sending us the computer for faster turn-around time. A free rental computer can be arranged upon request (subject to stock availability). Rental computer may not have any of your data in it, you should use data from your backup.
* Business days do not include weekend and public holidays. Our store is open during weekends with limited trading hour and less technicians. Most of our suppliers are closed, no courier delivery can be made on weekends and public holidays.