* Terms and conditions apply, see below
1. UPFRONT FREE QUOTE
Customers need to bring or send computer to our store for our technicians to carry out Initial Quick Tests and Free Quote. Any prices given in emails without testing of computers are advisory only and is not considered as final quote. Quotes are valid for 7 days unless notified in advance. We reserve the right to adjust the quote according to hardware and software conditions if found differently from the time the technician composes the quote. Any adjustment will be communicated with the client before we proceed. Upfront quote might not be available for onsite jobs where fees are charged at hourly rate. Free Tests and Free Quote are not applicable for computers that are under warranty or covered by insurance, a quoting fee may apply in these instances. A quoting fee may apply if the client requires extended testing for warranty claim to third party suppliers or for DIY repair purposes. Our technicians do not carry out extended tests (that takes more than half hour) in the initial testing, specific details such as make and model of replacement parts might not be available during the initial testing and quoting.
2. NO FIX NO FEE
This guarantee applies to scenarios where: quotes, or solutions that Safemode recommend to a customer are accepted by the customer; and problems are found unresolved due to non-software issues at the time when the customer picks up his/her computer, or within the same day when the customer receives his/her computer back; and problems are not caused by third-party software and/or hardware; there is no guarantee for hardware and/or software that are not supplied by Safemode, whether or not the hardware and/or software are installed by Safemode technicians. Otherwise 3 Month Service Warranty will apply (see below). The customer will need to give Safemode technician a reasonable amount of time (minimum of 48 business hours) to resolve any outstanding problems first before money back guarantee is considered. A refund of any paid money for labour charge will be issued by Safemode to the customer via Safemode’s prefered method, day, and time. Call-out fee, parkings, quoting fee, courier fees are not refundable. This guarantee is per problem, per computer and per customer only. Safemode reserve the rights to cancel this guarantee at anytime without prior notice.
3. 3 MONTH (90 DAY) SERVICE WARRANTY
All services come with three month warranty from the date of machine repair, return, signed and accepted by the customer. Safemode warrants that the service rendered will be subject to the certified standards by Safemode. The 3 month (90 day) warranty claim will be serviced under the conditions that it is not the customer’s fault or wrong doings, the problems are within the scope of the warranted job and the reappearing problems are due to the technician incompletion of the job, with the conditions below:
- Safemode is not responsible for any loss, corruption, or breach of the data on customers’ product during service; and as loss of data may occur as a result of the service, it is the customers’ responsibility to make a backup copy of their data before bringing the product to Safemode for service.
- It is not the customer’s fault or wrong doings: Safemode does not warrant the service for subsequent actions by the customer after the machine has been returned and shown to the customer to be in good working order, such as customer do-it-yourself reinstallation of the operating system, surfing of virus spyware source websites, reinstallation of software that has been known or marked by our technician to potentially cause conflicts with the operating system or other software.
- The problem is within the scope of the warranted job: the warranty covers for repeating problems and requests by customers that can be shown to have not been completed by the technician properly. If the technician attends onsite and the problems the customer identify are not within the scope of the warranted job or the problems do not appear as the customer describe, the customer is liable to pay for the visit as an entire new job.
- The problems reappear due to the technician incompletion of the job: Our technicians always thoroughly check the system to make sure all your requests are completed and other common issues resulted from the diagnosed problems are tested before leaving. If the problems reappear without any subsequent actions by the customer a warranty job will be provided to fix the problem to its entirety.
- Warranty jobs do not renew warranty. The warranty cover is from original date of the invoice which was paid for.
- No warranty is applied for non-paid services (i.e. free computer cleaning, free RAM upgrades).
- Customers are responsible for any fees to deliver computer(s) and/or part(s) to Safemode for warranty claim. Safemode will be responsible for returning the computer(s) and/or part(s) to customers after warranty repairs or replacement.
- Returned computers/goods under warranty will be repaired, or replaced, or refunded at Safemode’s sole discretion.
- There is no warranty for the following:
- Data recovery services.
- Removing or installing non-electronic components or parts (ie removing jammed CD/DVD from CD/DVD drive).
- Installing or uninstalling software and programs (ie installing/uninstalling antivirus software or any other software).
- Removing passwords.
- Cleaning spilt liquid in computers.
- Installing hardware and/or software that are not supplied by Safemode.
VIRUS AND SPYWARE RE-INFECTION: It is often possible for a computer to be reinfected with the same spyware and virus that have been removed by our technicians. Spyware infection and reinfection can be as easy as visiting a bad website, or opening an email attachment. If our technicians have provided you with the instructions and recommendations on protection software and you have not followed the recommendation, we can not service your warranty claim for the reappearing problem.
HARDWARE / SPARE PARTS / COMPONENTS WARRANTY
Unless otherwise stated, Safemode warrants that the computer product(s) purchased by you will be free from defects in materials and/or workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) years from the date printed on Tax Invoice with the following EXCEPTIONS:
- Safemode does NOT warrant any third party hardware and/or software products, including the Operating Systems preinstalled by Safemode technicians.
- The warranty does not cover customer’s data and the costs resulting from the reinstallation and/or restoration of the software or operating system as the result of the repair or replacement of the defective hardware products. It is solely customer’s responsibility to backup important data before returning hardware, spare parts, components, or systems to Safemode for warranty claim.
- Defective accessories or peripherals, other than software, that are delivered with your product will be replaced by Safemode or its suppliers for thirty (30) days from the date you received your product. Manufacturers’ warranty applies after initial thirty (30) days.
- Laptop components and spare parts: UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, LAPTOP COMPONENTS & SPARE PARTS ARE COVERED BY 3 MONTH RETURN-TO-BASE LIMITED WARRANTY ONLY, except the followings: New Hard Disk Drives, New RAMs, New Batteries, New AC Adaptors/Chargers, New Solid State Drives; these parts are covered by 1 year return-to-base limited warranty.
- To obtain service under this limited warranty, you must contact Safemode within the labour warranty period. If Safemode is unable to correct the problem, Safemode may authorize a replacement part or parts, on-site service or a product replacement. ON-SITE SERVICE AND PRODUCT REPLACEMENTS ARE CONSIDERED OPTIONS OF LAST RESORT. All replaced parts must be returned to Safemode. If a replaced part is not returned to Safemode, you must pay Safemode for that part.
- For Return to Base warranty service, the customer has to return the machine to Safemode repair center within a week from the date of Return Authorisation Issue. The repair or replacement may take up to 2 weeks, depending on the availability of the parts required.
- No warranty is applied for non-paid products (i.e. free RAMs).
Safemode does not warrant damages or defects to the product under the following conditions: misuse, abuse, neglect, acts of God, fire, vandalism, civil disturbances, or war, unauthorized service or repair of the products, damage from electrical power problems, usage of parts or components not supplied by Safemode, failure to follow product instructions and guidelines, unauthorized changes to the computer, shipping damage (other than during original shipment from Safemode), failure to perform preventative maintenance, or damage caused by peripherals or software or from other external causes. Safemode will, under the warranty period, repair or replace defective parts with new or serviceable used parts. This determination will be at the sole discretion of Safemode. Safemode owns all removed and repaired parts from the Safemode product. The repair or replacement of a Safemode Computer product does not extend the warranty of said computer product. Spare parts are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for thirty (30) days or for the remainder of the Limited Warranty Period (whichever is longer) of the product in which they are installed.
This limited warranty is extended only to the original purchaser and is non-transferable. In addition, this warranty is only valid within the state the products are purchased from. For this warranty to be valid, the computer must have been purchased directly from Safemode.
The warranties set forth herein are in lieu of any and all other warranties expressed or implied
Including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular use, Safemode disclaims all other warranties, expressed or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular use.
Except for the obligations set forth in this warranty statement Safemode shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages including without limitation any liability for losses in profits, losses in revenue, losses in savings, losses of data, downtime, costs of capital, cost of replacement equipment (temporary or permanent), costs of time, third parties’ claims or injury to property.
The limit of the liability of Safemode to repair its computer product after a reasonable amount of time and a reasonable number of attempts shall be the replacement of the Safemode computer product or a refund of the market value of the computer product. The decision regarding replacement versus refund shall be at the sole discretion of Safemode.